Pilates Instructor Vacancy - Melbourne CBD
Author: Joanne Worsfield - 06/06/2017
Absolute Health & Performance are looking for an experienced and motivated Pilates practitioner to take the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary best in class practitioners, working in a world class facility. The role is for 20 - 25 hours per week contractor, working with clients in 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 & 1:6 small group, and comes with exceptional opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth through shared knowledge from a variety of clinical and health & fitness backgrounds.
Absolute Health & Performance Group is a state of the art, comprehensive sports medicine, health and fitness centre, providing specialised 1 on 1 and small group training and full clinical rehabilitation services. With a team to be comprised of Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Performance Coaches, Exercise Scientists, Exercise Physiologist’s and Massage & Myotherapists, Absolute aims to bring the highest quality of patient/client care to the Melbourne CBD.
There is no rent, just the opportunity to carve a successful and professional career. You will be ambitious, driven to grow your business, and a high performer with excellent academic background, a passion for health and fitness and a dedication to providing top class and evidenced-based training and programming. You will be personable, motivating and focused on giving all your clients the highest quality of care, understanding, programming and support in achieving their health, fitness and performance goals.
Required qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Relevant Pilates qualifications. Diploma in Pilates or equivalent.
- Level 2 or above membership of the Australian Pilates Method Association or equivalent
- Extensive experience working as a Pilates teacher, managing a busy client load
- Registrant of Governing bodies
- To be able to exercise a professional duty of care in a safe environment.
- To undertake career-long, self-directed learning.
- To know the professional and personal scope of practice and be able to make appropriate referrals.
- Effective and appropriate skills in communicating information, advice, instruction and professional opinion to colleagues, patients, clients, users, their relatives and careers.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Medicare registered
- BSc Degree in Exercise Science or equivalent
Applicants to provide a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th July 2017.