The APMA offers 10567 NAT Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy and the 10568 NAT Advanced Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy at various locations across Australia through our nurturing Course Providers. An Australian course uniquely designed by a collective of highly respected educators within the industry.
This course is designed to give students the qualification of AQF Level 5 (Diploma) that enables them to:
- Work in existing dedicated Pilates Method studios and in liaison with other allied health professionals
- Qualify as Pilates Method Instructors to practise in a multidisciplinary fitness and clinical health environment
- Safely educate clients through movement using the Pilates Method principles
- Explain knowledge of the historical and theoretical basis for the philosophy of the Pilates Method
- Have a good understanding of pathologies and client assessment
- Adhere to the ethical standards relevant to the industry
- Seek employment within Australia and overseas
- Apply for membership of the APMA as a Level 2 Pilates Method Instructor on successful completion of all course requirements
- Pathways into this qualification include nationally accredited training at Diploma or Advanced Diploma levels in dance, yoga, massage or other allied health courses
- All prospective students must attend a one hour interview conducted by the Course Deliverer. The Course Deliverer will use this time to explain the course in more detail and show the school’s facilities. This is an opportunity for prospective students to ask further questions
- 30 hours prior personal practice with Instructors/Practitioners that includes Pilates equipment based work
- Tertiary level or equivalent of anatomy and physiology (required to know: muscle action, origin and insertion, and nerve supply)
- Current Level II Apply First Aid Certificate with CPR
Duration & Structure
The Diploma will span nine to twelve months duration, with on-site lectures, workshops and seminars along with personal practice, supervised placement and observation. See the Course Deliverer for course schedule(s).
APMA Education & Training courses are delivered by:
- Face to face classroom training
- Discussion boards
- Blended learning
Students may be required to attend scheduled training events including:
- Evening seminars
- Weekend workshops
- Lectures IMPORTANT Personal Practice, Observation & Supervised Placement (“Practicum”) hours must be completed before accreditation status is achieved.
To download more information, click here.
Study Loans & APMA Education & Training
Study Loans is a new kind of finance for students seeking assistance in paying for their education. We are all about helping people to advance in their careers to reach their full potential by providing the necessary funds to pay for tuition fees during those critical periods of education. We are Australia’s first dedicated private student loan company in the vocational and tertiary sectors. Whether students are looking to save money on student loans, reach that next career goal or invest in their future.
Click here for more information