The APMA’s nationally accredited 10867NAT Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, is Australia’s leading qualification within the Fitness and Allied Health industries.
Created through the experience and knowledge of APMA Practitioners, our qualification has been designed to equip you with the comprehensive education necessary to enhance the livelihood and wellbeing of your clients.
As a graduate of the AMPA Diploma, you will gain deep insight into the traditional origins of the Pilates method, along with its development and impact for modern day clientele.
Holding the ability to work across a broad range of environments, employment opportunities can include rehabilitative work, studio setting and group classes.
Your comprehensive skill set will provide you with a fine tuned ability to observe and enhance the mobility of clientele; including those with a wide range of pathologies, conditions and needs.
Whether you intend to teach mat pilates classes, or prefer the diversity of equipment based sessions, you will want to ensure you can work confidently, safely and professionally; and with the knowledge and skills gained from the 10867NAT Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy - the APMA’s Diploma is the clear choice.
As the peak body for Pilates in Australia, the APMA holds a commitment to our students and graduates, that our training and assessments remain at the highest of standards; enhancing your experience throughout and employment opportunities thereafter. The pursuit of a nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment process since 1997, ensures our graduates are recognised for their depth of knowledge and abilities by all other industry professionals.
We recognise the importance and benefits of combining industry experience with tertiary education when delivering educational programs. All of our educators hold extensive industry experience, allowing them to provide a professional well-rounded learning experience for our students; and our teaching methods are adaptable, providing clear language to understand the diversity of our Pilates repertoire.
All profits from the APMA Diploma are directly returned to the membership of the APMA to further advance the needs of the Pilates industry in Australia.
Our APMA graduates may be employed in the following areas:
• Pilates Studios
• Allied Health Practices
• Gymnasiums with Pilates Studios and/or Group Fitness Community Centres
• Professional Modalities
• Corporate Health Program
• Dance and Sports Conditioning
• Health Spas and Retreats
• International Freelance Referrals and Placements
Pathways for this qualification include qualifications into dance, yoga, massage, physiotherapy and other allied health courses.
• All prospective students must be over 18 years old and attend an interview conducted by APMA Education & Training to determine their suitability to provide Pilates Movement Therapy instruction to clients.
• 30 hours prior personal practice with Instructors/ Practitioners that includes Pilates equipment-based work, undertaken within the past 18 months
• APMA Anatomy & Physiology Course or equivalent tertiary entry A&P course including the study of muscle action, origin and insertion, and nerve supply.
• Current Level 2 or Applied First Aid Certificate with CPR
• Language, literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to research medical conditions and terminology and to communicate effectively with allied medical practitioners, peers and clients are essential to successful completion of this course.
Successfully completing the APMA Diploma normally takes between 1 and 2 years, and is delivered via Theory, Tutorials, Face to face Repertoire learning and practice, Supervised Teaching Practice, Personal practice, Observation.
Our APMA Diploma delivery includes:
Contact our APMA Administrator for Course Starting date - email firstname.lastname@example.org